I Made A Larme Inspired Skirt

Quite a while ago I made a skirt that was inspired by my favorite magazine. LARME magazine, founded in 2012, aims to be a “sweet and cute picture book” for young women and teens. LARME magazine gained notoriety for being the pioneer of its own unique style. While the magazine does follow trends, it combines elements of many different styles to achieve the overall vibe of “dolly sweetheart” in its photos. The substyle that was birthed from this magazine, which is literally just called Larme, has no specific rules. Thus “Larme'' is a very loose term. However I did notice one detail that was common in Larme photos. That being sheer/tulle fabric. When I decided to make a garment inspired by the magazine I knew the design had to incorporate tulle.

I made a digital college (I lost it) of outfits from the magazine that inspired me. After completing my college I noticed that many skirts featured in the magazine incorporated a layer of tulle that extended past the fabric it was layered on top of. Thus, this skirt was born! 

I’m in love with this skirt. However, I have nothing to wear it with! Hence why I never blogged about it despite having it for so long! Once I get less busy I definitely have to make a pink top to wear it with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of High School Outfits and Makeup

My Favorite Fall & Winter Outfits

Back to School Outfit Ideas From a High School Senior