Are Liz Lisa's Designs Getting More Girly?

 If you clicked on this post you probably already know that Liz Lisa has made the shift towards jirari-kei designs during the past few years. Especially during these past few months, Liz Lisa's designs were more jirari than ever. I'd check the website biweekly and always be left thinking "What happened to the girly designs?". While the brand is mainly jirari, Liz Lisa would usually release one girly design every now and then.

Recently, however, I've noticed these girly designs more. With the girly design dry period Liz Lisa's been experiencing, I was surprised to say the least.. The recent designs aren't full blown girly like they used to be. They're mostly a blend of jirari and girly if you ask me.. Though I noticed casual feminine elements in a few garments.


These four designs are, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the recent; girly releases. On their own they might not even be considered to be jirari to some. I became giddy when I saw the second dress. It's so beautiful and the sleeve detail is incredibly girly.. I never thought I'd see the day when Liz Lisa released another garment with a floral print. The only really jirari element to it would be the dullish pink color of the ribbon. The top two dresses were both well received by Liz Lisa fans. I saw people on Instagram getting excited about them on Instagram, and I also saw people discussing the dresses on Discord.
When I saw that Liz Lisa brought back the pink poncho I SCREAMED!!!
...Well only inside my head, but I still screamed.
Liz Lisa has made multiple versions of the poncho, but this version was always my favorite! I remember sitting in junior year English class searching the internet for this specific poncho to no avail. Last year they brought back a different version of this poncho, which I liked, but nothing compares to this. I REALLY wish I wasn't a broke college student right now so I could justify spending $100 on it.
I'm also really loving the cropped jacket. The bows on the front and side make it girly while the frills, lace, and tulle ruffles on the hood make the jacket cute. I'm also loving the bow zipper detail. It shows how much love and attention to detail Liz Lisa puts into their designs..

These two designs would be example of girly and jirari elements mixed together. The bows and ruffles are girly but the dulled pink tones these down to make them jirari.

I'm so happy they brought the heart knit top back.. It was the first Liz Lisa item I fell in love with.
I also feel that this skirt could be girly when paired with the right top and other accessories. 
The bunny hoodie is another returning item.
The monochromatic color scheme tones down this girly sillouette.
My first thought when this popped up on my Instagram was "This is giving Michell Macaron vibes!" The white lines throughout give it a casual sporty feel, while the godet skirt gives it a feminine flare.
This reminds me of an older Liz Lisa autumn collection dress.
The belt detail is, again, giving me Michell Macaron vibes. The tulle sleeves make this dainty and cute. The pleated skirt balances this look out so it's not too cute.
I was so excited when I looked at Liz Lisa's Instagram story and saw that this top was coming back,, and now in white!!!
This top reminds me of Michell Macaron's logo knit tops. I'm starting to think that Liz Lisa might be starting to embrace more casual feminine looks. I'm honestly excited to see how the brand will evolve in the future.

Only time will tell if Liz Lisa is really becoming more girly, more feminine, or if this is just a coincidence. What do you think? I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions in the comments.


Comments

  1. I have personally never been a fan of Liz Lisa (not really my aesthetic), but those pieces are dreamy. I think they will shift whenever way is trendy, but I really hope that they will keep this good work up :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! We need more dreamy pieces in the world!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts